The Pupil Premium is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement, including pupils who are entitled to free school meals, those looked after by the local authority and the children of armed service personnel.
At Portland Academy, a large proportion of children are eligible for the Pupil Premium with around 41% being eligible for free school meals. We currently have 6 students who are looked after by local authorities.
All our staff, trustees and directors accept responsibility for ‘socially disadvantaged’ pupils and are committed to meeting their pastoral, social and academic needs within a caring environment.
The targeted and strategic use of Pupil Premium will support us in achieving our vision.
Please click on the links below to view a summary of our allocated spending for previous academic years and an outline of how we intend to spend this year’s grant.
Pupil Premium – Strengths identified in our most recent pupil premium review
- “Portland is a school dedicated to high quality standards in education and care.”
- “The Senior Leadership Team have carried out a detailed evaluation of the school’s strengths and weaknesses and this has led to targeted support for students eligible for Pupil Premium Funding”
- “Pupils views of the school are positive”
- Data available led to the triangulation of information resulting in recommendations within the PP strategy.
- Use of EEF data in planning and evaluating PP budget allocation
- Developing expertise in RWI provided evidence of further improvements in pupil learning.
For more detailed information on Pupil Premium please click on the link below.