Ascent Academies’ Trust is able to provide a personalised yet broad, balanced and relevant curriculum for all pupils whatever their needs might be.
We have a comprehensive core curriculum that has been designed by experts across all our schools and drawing on excellent practice nationally and internationally. The rich and dynamic curriculum, offers all pupils an education that enables them to fully participate in all learning and social experiences, whether that is at school or opportunities in the wider community.
The curriculum within Ascent Trust aims to;
- Recognise each individual through a personalised offer that is matched to need, stage of learning and age.
- Develop curiosity, engagement, enjoyment and participation
- Secure a sense of achievement and success for all pupils
- Develop the child through a holistic approach, physically, emotionally, socially and academically.
- Preparation for next phase of life and ultimately adult life and the world of work
- The curriculum is responsive to students’ aspirations and needs as set out in the EHCP
- Appropriate allocation of time to ensure that students have the essential skills needed for life and to access the full curriculum.
- We offer a personalised curriculum to ensure all students make or exceed the levels of progress.
- Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Education (SMSC incl. British Values) is central to our curriculum and all aspects of SMSC are addressed throughout the curriculum stages and pathways.
- The therapeutic, independence and pastoral curriculum are key to enabling access to academic learning (supported as appropriate by the multidisciplinary team)
The impact and success of the curriculum is measured in a variety of ways;
- Destinations data
- Attainment and accreditation
- Progress Measures
- End of KS attainment descriptors
- Attendance and Participation rates
- Progress towards EHCP objectives
- Evaluated learning plans
- Stakeholder feedback
Please click the link to view the pathways 1 Descriptors Web